slippery soap

Encouraging personal hygiene one bust at a time, London-based Korean artist Meekyoung Shin, decided to bring art to the loos of 16 museums and galleries across the UK with her installations from the  "Toilet Project".


Personally I'm such a freak, I don't trust public bars of soap-or busts of soap for that matter. (sticking with Purell and still using a paper towel to open the door as I exit)

 Still. They're cool and that's some serious sculpting. I mean, when I think 'soap sculptures' - I think Boo Radley. So, ups to Meekyoung.


If you so desire to see and cleanse, these sculptures can be found until October at galleries including Birmingham’s IKON Gallery, The Scottish National Museum of Modern Art and the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

Comments

these are fun but you know it's the thing that your mom gets and 50 years later is still in a box in the linen closet. LOL Or sits unused on the counter beside the pump soap.
MJH DesignArts said…
Absolutely amazing...I hope she started with a mold and them fine tuned these guys.
Sara said…
Lovely, but still...I know some pee-pee hands have touched those. Kind of like restaurant mints. I never take them unless they are in a package. But I'm a little ocd. I'll also never be rude to a waiter, just in case he messes w/ my food.

Popular Posts