home work :: home office desks

I think because of our unseasonal, seasonal weather { wasn't I just wishing for this the other day? }  the gray and the rain is making my brain mold over a bit. I can't seem to put two words together, much less have a linear thought. So bear with me as I take you through the rabbit warren that is my brain today....






I came across this desk today on Chicago based, Post 27.

I shouldn't like it so much, because it reminds me of getting called up to desks that looked just like this for much of my grade school years { based on my distracting quality of being 'overly social with my neighbors' something I would later pass along to my youngest } But I do like it, maybe it's because sitting there behind it, I would feel like I was on the other side of the law. Or maybe because it's just a cool, industrial looking behemoth desk (the likes of which would never fit into my tiny house)



the color of this one  is pretty great {above}

but my reality has always been something along the lines of this, {below} something make shift in a little corner space. Which is charming, with it's tower of books, Alan Campbell +  Roberta Roller fabrics it's not too far off from what I'm writing this from .





 oh! but then I see a shot of that famed, Hollywood glammed up Mary Mcdonald office, shot for Domino. With all of its icy blues and sugary white detailing. And I sigh.


or this, below,  lacquered +  gilded office {whose is this? I can't remember now}


 But my reality, goes back to something a bit more utilitarian {although never this organized. if only...} via elle decor





 This one { below } struck me as something easily and somewhat, inexpensively attainable. You can find those glass saw horse desks (ikea's Vika for $109.00) , the stand alone shelving with painted inside to work with the paper.... and even the wallpaper (note the ceiling had been done as well) for a fairly cheap price.




oops, but then a few more hops and I stumble across this, Shaw Walker executive's desk from the 20s. I'm telling you my brain is like a broken windshield wiper today, from fine boned elegance to big bad tanker. back and forth in the rain. never really clearing my line of sight completely.

Comments

Loving the intensity and heft of that last one.
I say go for the tanker all the way.

Cheers, Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com
Mrs. Blandings said…
All great choices. I use a desk Bill dragged home from an office that was being remodeled. 1960ish executive desk - think jr. bank officer. Still, big file drawers and oh-so-sturdy. Can't let it go. Though I do think about painting it.

Popular Posts