april food day

We all have, in a day, in a week, so many things on our list of life-worries. And for each of us, they are real worries. But if you've found yourself to my blog by way of a google search for designer rugs, art work, furniture, beach vacation homes etc. or are just sitting at work/home looking for a little diversion.... I'd wager that you're not worried about how you're going to be feeding yourself..... or your children today. For this, I am reminded how small my own worries really are.
More and more people in our country are going hungry because they have lost their jobs, their benefits have ended, they can’t find a job and have no place left to turn but to their local food bank. The nation’s food banks are stretched to the limit because of the increased number of people needing their services. Today, the blog world is joining arms in an effort to ask those of us who have more to help those in need.
Please make a donation to Feeding America, or your local food bank, and count yourself as one of the lucky ones if you’re not going to bed hungry every night. Feeding America has set up a special URL for April Food Day so they can see how much we’ve donated.
thank you Meg, of pigtown * design for organizing this second annual blogger drive.

Comments

Karena said…
It is a great event and I will post it on Sunday night. Megan good to see on your site!

Karena
Art by Karena
Splendid Willow said…
You can count on my support. I am off to contribute now. Thank you for the push.

And Happy Easter!

ox, Mon
mikaella farias said…
Hellooo...
I like your blog! Very cool!
Visit me... http://fidelgivanildon.blogspot.com/
kissesss...
Alicia said…
Can you give some examples of your favorite indie blogs? Thanks!

Alicia

Popular Posts